6 Hours - Participants will review of various complications that may be associated with lymphedema and how they may affect the treatment itself and/or treatment outcomes. Also included in this intermediate-level course is the body’s reaction to an accumulation of protein-rich lymph fluid (Lymph Stasis) and the effectiveness of modalities used for the treatment of lymphedema in addition to CDT.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the various complications that may be associated with lymphedema
- Describe how the complications may affect the treatment itself and/or treatment outcomes
- Explain how the body reacts to an accumulation of protein-rich lymph fluid (Lymph Stasis)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of modalities used for the treatment of lymphedema in addition to complete decongestive therapy
- Describe the importance to treat lymphedema as soon as possible following its onset and the consequences if lymphedema is left untreated
Participants must click through the entire presentation and at the end of the course, there is an exam that must be completed with a 90% or better. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be able to print your certificate of completion.
It is also highly recommended that you purchase the textbook "Lymphedema Management: A Comprehensive Guide for Practitioners" to complete this online course. It will greatly increase your understanding of the lymphatic system and much more. This textbook is beneficial for all of our online courses in case you plan to continue your education with us. We offer a special price for our online attendees. To purchase the textbook, click here and enter Coupon Code OE70 in the payment process. It is recommended that participants read the textbook pages given, then log on to the course portal and click through the entire presentation. Recommended reading will be given in the introduction section of the course.
For questions or to verify various state board CEU approvals, contact us at (800) 863-5935 or (772) 589-3355.
AOTA Approved Provider #4063 - AOTA CEU/Contact Hours-.6 - Category 2
“The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.”
You selected to get the course Complications in Lymphedema (CLC04). Please Login or Signup to get it.