5 Hours - Participants will learn the pathophysiology of venous insufficiencies and the stages of this condition. This includes the effects of venous insufficiencies as they relate to the dynamics on the blood capillary level (filtration and reabsorption), Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI) and the effects of CVI on the lymphatic system. Participants also learn the signs and symptoms of deep venous thrombosis (DVT), the pathophysiology of Lipedema, the effects of Lipedema on the lymphatic system, the signs and symptoms of pure Lipedema, and the pathophysiology of Lipo-Lymphedema.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define the pathophysiology of chronic venous insufficiency
- Evaluate the venous dynamics in the lower extremities as they relate to an individual affected by CVI
- Differentiate the stages of CVI and evaluate the typical signs and symptoms for each stage
- Identify the effects of CVI on the lymphatic system
- Describe the effects of CVI as they relate to the dynamics on the blood capillary level (filtration and reabsorption)
- Explain why ulcerations of the skin are often associated with CVI
- Explain effective treatment modalities used for stages I, II and II of CVI
- Evaluate the signs and symptoms of deep venous thrombosis (DVT)
- Define the terms Phlebo-lympho-dynamic insufficiency and Phlebo-lympho-static insufficiency – when is it edema and when is it lymphedema?
- Describe the pathophysiology of Lipedema
- Describe the effects of Lipedema on the lymphatic system
- Explain why lipedema is often accompanied by additional swelling (edema), especially later in the day
- Evaluate the signs and symptoms of pure Lipedema
- Describe the pathophysiology of Lipo-Lymphedema
- Evaluate typical symptoms associated with Lipo-lymphedema
- Explain effective treatment modalities used for Lipedema, Lipedema associated with edema, and Lipo-lymphedema
- Identify the limitations in treatment outcomes with Lipo-lymphedema (removal of accumulated protein-rich swelling versus reduction in fatty tissue)
- Define the term Phlebo-lipo-lymphedema
Participants must click through the entire presentation and at the end of the course, there is an exam that must be completed with a 90% or better. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be able to print your certificate of completion.
It is also highly recommended that you purchase the textbook "Lymphedema Management: A Comprehensive Guide for Practitioners" to complete this online course. It will greatly increase your understanding of the lymphatic system and much more. This textbook is beneficial for all of our online courses in case you plan to continue your education with us. We offer a special price for our online attendees. To purchase the textbook, click here and enter Coupon Code OE70 in the payment process. It is recommended that participants read the textbook pages given, then log on to the course portal and click through the entire presentation. Recommended reading will be given in the introduction section of the course.
For questions or to verify various state board CEU approvals, contact us at (800) 863-5935 or (772) 589-3355.
You selected to get the course Venous and Arterial Insufficie... (CLC05). Please Login or Signup to get it.