5 Hours - Participants will learn the inflammatory response of the soft tissues due to traumatic events and the negative effects of swelling associated with trauma. In addition, participants learn how the lymphatic system reacts to inflammatory processes and the effects of chronic inflammatory processes associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy on the lymphatic system and more.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the inflammatory response of the soft tissues due to traumatic events
- Evaluate the typical signs and symptoms of inflammation of the soft tissues
- Explain the negative effects of swelling associated with trauma on the soft tissues
- Describe how the lymphatic system reacts to inflammatory processes
- Evaluate the effects of chronic inflammatory processes associated with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy on the lymphatic system
- Explain the role of complete decongestive therapy in acute traumatic edema and chronic inflammatory processes
- Identify areas and structures of the body without the presence of lymphatic vessels
- Identify the drainage pathways of lymphatic loads (lymph fluid) from the central nervous system
- Define the pathophysiology of primary and secondary Lymphostatic Encephalopathy
- Explain the role of complete decongestive therapy in the treatment of Head and Neck lymphedema (HNL)
Participants must click through the entire presentation and at the end of the course, there is an exam that must be completed with a 90% or better. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be able to print your certificate of completion.
It is also highly recommended that you purchase the textbook "Lymphedema Management: A Comprehensive Guide for Practitioners" to complete this online course. It will greatly increase your understanding of the lymphatic system and much more. This textbook is beneficial for all of our online courses in case you plan to continue your education with us. We offer a special price for our online attendees. To purchase the textbook, click here and enter Coupon Code OE70 in the payment process. It is recommended that participants read the textbook pages given, then log on to the course portal and click through the entire presentation. Recommended reading will be given in the introduction section of the course.
For questions or to verify various state board CEU approvals, contact us at (800) 863-5935 or (772) 589-3355.
You selected to get the course Edema of Other Genesis (CLC06). Please Login or Signup to get it.